- To develop and maintain state-of-the-art facilities in the Commercial Ports of Sri Lanka.
- To maintain effective and efficient Port Services
- To maintain high levels of Productivity in order to ensure speedy turnaround of vessels
- To provide a competitive edge to importers and exporters by ensuring a cost effective, efficient and reliable Service
- To ensure safety and security of the Port users and Port infrastructure
- To provide a conducive working environment for all stakeholders
- To contribute funds to the General Treasury for infrastructure development in the Health, Education and Transport sectors